Tuesday, January 26, 2010

I Solemnly Swear I Am Up To No Good

As I mentioned in my post yesterday, I am a huge nerd. HUGE. I'm a nerd in a lot of ways, but let's just focus on one for today. Harry Potter! I was the biggest critic of the Harry Potter books for the first few years they came out and I made fun of my friends relentlessly for reading them. And then my best friend Melanie showed me the light. Seven books later and I'm one of the biggest Harry Potter nerds going. On top of that, I think J.K. Rowling is a genius and a woman whom I truly admire.

Since there are no more books to look forward to (so sad) and the next movie won't be out until November (should we start a countdown?), us Potter fans have to get our fix somehow. That's why I was beyond excited when I found out Harry Potter: The Exhibition was coming to the Museum of Science. Luckily for me Melanie - the friend who turned me on to HP - lives in Boston and was more than willing to go with me.

Now, technically, we were not allowed to take pictures. Does that stop MelButt? No, no, no. And does that stop me from stealing those pictures from her? Nope!

The Sorting Hat!
They only let little kids get sorted :(

Buckbeak and costumes from The Prisoner of Azkaban

The Maurauder's Map

The Great Hall!

With details as tiny as the jewelry the characters wear to pieces as big as Harry and Ron's complete bedroom in Gryffindor Tower, the entire world of Harry Potter and Hogwarts is vividly brought to life. For anyone who's a fan of the Harry Potter books or movies, I highly recommend this exhibit!


P.S. 289 days until Harry Potter & The Deathly Hallows comes out!

No comments:

Post a Comment