Sunday, January 3, 2010

Happy New Year!

It’s 2010! How crazy is that?! Yes, I realize that we are already 3 days into the new year. And yes, I realize that you’re supposed to have your new year’s resolutions figured out before the new year actually starts...but better late than never, right? That being said, here are my goals and resolutions for 2010.

Run a 5K
I realize this is not really that difficult of a task, but for me it’s a big deal. The last time I was at my parents I came back from a run and told my dad I ran three miles. His respon
se was, “In a row? I don’t believe you.” Let’s be honest, I was not exactly the most athletic child, but these days I really enjoy working out and I’d like to participate in a more formal, organized run just to prove to myself (and you, dad!) that I can do it.

Do a better job of keeping in touch with my friends
I’m a lucky girl. I truly believe I have the best friends in the entire world. My only problem is that I’m terrible at keeping in touch with people. So this year I’m going to reach out to my friends, old and new, and make more of an effort to maintain the amazing friendships I have.

Perform in a musical
Ah, theatre, how I’ve missed you! I spent the majority of my teenage years rehearsing or performing one show or another, and then I got to college and just kind of stopped. I still sing in my a cappella group, but it’s not the same and I miss it like crazy. So 2010 will be the year I make my grand return to the stage.

Speak Italian more often
The “Italian” my family speaks is a version of southern Italian dialect that’s been Americanized so much over the years that it doesn’t really resemble real Italian at all. I began studying the language at school when I was 13. When I was in high school I participated in an exchange
program and lived with a family in Bolzano for a month. Last fall I spent 4 months living and studying in Perugia, Italy. I’m far from fluent, but I can hold my own in a conversation. I just never do it. Allora, quest’anno è il mio scopo di parlare Italiano più spesso. Buon Capodanno!

Be more open
More open to new people, new experiences, new everything. I want to live and love every moment, every word, to the point that it’s absurd.

I also plan on taking more photos, experimenting in the kitchen more, and being a smarter, more savvy fashionista when it comes to shopping. Finally, the big goal for 2010 is THIS! My blog. It’s still a work in progress and I’m figuring things out as I go, but I’m excited to see what the year in blogging will bring.

Happy New Year everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment