Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Blue Skies Smilin' At Me

Over the last year I've discovered that I am more aware of the colors I choose when it comes to my clothes. I'm not sure if it's because I'm just getting picky, or if I'm just becoming more aware of what I'm actually putting on my body and why I'm choosing the shades I am. Either way, I've decided to do a series of posts about clothes and COLOR! I know it would make sense to start with red and work my way through the color spectrum, but I can't make things easy for myself now can I? Let's start with blue.


I don't what it is, but lately I find myself more and more drawn to this shade. It's a very calming color, and more saturated shades of blue have a rich quality to them. I love navy as an alternative to black, especially because I'm pretty pale year round (I swear, my skin just rejects the sun) and navy is much softer - great for us fair-skinned gals!



Some people associate blue with sadness or isolation, but I find it to be a very peaceful color, one that inspires a feeling of serenity and grace. Blue is also the color for loyalty and I feel that it projects an understated confidence. I read somewhere that because blue does not occur organically in nature it is the least pleasing to the eye when you're looking at food. This may be true, but when it comes to clothes I say bring it on!
(All photos from Anthropologie, ModCloth, and Forever21)




If a lot of blue isn't really your thing, add a pop of color with a blue accessory!




Even an adorable blue telephone!




What's your favorite way to wear blue?

No comments:

Post a Comment