Sunday, January 16, 2011

Golden Globes!

It's my second favorite time of year - Awards Season!

The Golden Globes were earlier tonight. My roommates and game day food - buffalo chicken dip, guacamole, and oatmeal chocolate chip cookies.
This
is the playoffs, people.

There were no big surprises. Many of the performances I was rooting for won and I, for one, thought Ricky Gervais was fantastic. But let's focus on the most important part. The fashion. Here are the
women that left a lasting impression on me in all the right, and wrong, ways.

Ugh. No. NO. This is actually kind of sad to me.
I feel like I'm looking at a bride who got left at the altar.

I love this dress. Love. It's ethereal and so romantic. I wish Sandra's hair was up, maybe curled a little bit, a little softer. But over all I think she looks stunning.

I want to like this dress, I really do. But I think it's awful. The color is great, but I think the fact that it's made of all those little ropes is gimmicky. I also think her breasts look terrible. They look kind of saggy, flattened down and smushed together in the center.

Love this dress. Love the cut. Love the color. Claire Dane's hair and makeup are perfect, as are her accessories. Love everything about this look.

This monstrosity speaks for itself.
Worst dressed of the evening by far.
Also, does Xtina have a bun in the oven? But, really?

Ding, ding, ding! We have a winner!
I die.

Anyone who knows me knows I have a girl crush on Anne Hathaway, but this takes it to a whole new level. She is perfection here. The side swept hair, natural makeup, the cut of the gown on her frame. Flawless.

I can't wait until they bring out the big guns for the Academy Awards next month!

(All photos lovingly borrowed from Perez Hilton'z CocoPerez)

No comments:

Post a Comment