Tuesday, January 25, 2011

The Bachelor: Week IV

First off, I'd just like to give a shout out to Mr. Chris Harrison. You looked so spiffy in your flannel and cardigan!

Now down to business.
Week four and we've already got a tight race.

This week Chantal joined Emily has a front runner for Mr. Womack's divided attention. I thought their one-on-one date was great. I'm jealous they got to walk on the ocean floor - how cool! They're very real with each other and she definitely keeps him on his toes. I love love love that she apologized for the slap. I like anyone who will readily admit when they know they're wrong. It was also adorable how excited Brad was by her - "This is crazy!" - It's like he can't believe how strong their connection is. But will it last? Dun, dun, dun...

This week the Preying Mantis brought the crazy, and I have a feeling this is just the beginning. There is no way in hell she just happened to wake up with a black eye. There is also no way in hell a real black eye would fade in a matter of 24 hours. I know. I had a black eye once and I looked like Frankenstein for almost 3 weeks. I digress. Other than the fact they repelled down the side of a sky scraper, their one-on-one was typical. Let's be honest - Brad wants to bang her. She's hot, and I'll give her that. But there's no way she's going to around for even the final four.

The group dates are hysterical. The desperation is palpable as these women throw themselves at Brad, trying to delude themselves into thinking they formed a deep soulful connection in the 5 minutes they've spent together. I literally cringed when Ashley stole Brad away from Alli after 20 seconds and then, in her very best 12 year old baby voice, reached her arms out and said, "Hug! Hug!" so Alli wouldn't be mad. Yeah, that'll take care of it.


One of the highlights this week was watching The Dentist lose her shit. The woman is self-destructing. I can hear the air horns going off and see the red lights flashing and I. Love. It. What a creepy stalker showing up out of nowhere and watching him kiss another girl. She's also showed that she's ready to bail at the first sign of difficulty, and that's definitely not something you want in a partner. When Brad was about to give out his rose and she groaned about how awkward it was, I literally clapped my hands with glee. Leave it to Brad to call her out on her BS. And then she just sat there silent and embarrassed. No, bitch, now it's awkward.

Kudos are in order for Miss. Britt. You can tell how shy she is and I admire her for putting herself out there the way she did. I also love that she didn't say she was falling for him or even that really liked him, but that she was interested in him. This is a much more realistic response given the time they've spent together. She definitely deserved her rose. Get it, girl!

My favorite moment(s) of the night: Michelle almost losing it when Chantal mentions her date card doesn't have the word love in it. Michelle actually losing it when Brad chooses to talk with The Dentist for 30 minutes on their date day.
And now, so we can all see why our Preying Mantis is actually on this show, I leave you with this little gem.


Until next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment