Monday, February 21, 2011

Steak a la Ina

A simple truth of life:
Everything I know about cooking I learned from my family and Ina Garten.

Melanie and I took a trip to Russo's in Watertown, aka Heaven, and I bought some amazing fresh veggies. Gorgeous fingerling potatoes and the most adorable baby brussels sprouts.

I decided to buy a nice filet mignon and make a feast of it. I love steak. LOVE it. But it's not something I cook at home. So who else would I turn to but Ina when making my feast? I used her recipe for filet mignon and it turned out incredible.

Pat the filet dry with a paper towel, the coat with olive oil, salt and pepper.
Sear it for 2 minutes on all sides in a very hot pan.

Then top with a tablespoon of butter - yes, a tablespoon of butter - and finish cooking in a 400 degree oven for about 8 minutes. Take it out of the oven and cover it with foil to rest for about 10 minutes. I decided to top mine with gorgonzola crumbles before covering it with foil. It comes out juicy and amazing and looks a little something like this:

With brussels sprouts and roasted fingerling potatoes and a nice glass of red wine, it's pretty much the perfect meal.
I die.

Thank you, Ina!

No comments:

Post a Comment