Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day

Ahh, another Valentine's Day is here. I love this day. I truly love it. And yes, I while totally agree with the people who say you should be romantic and celebrate love every day, I still think it's so wonderful that we have one special day set aside for it. You know, just in case the other 364 weren't enough.

For those of you who know me - or who have been reading my blog! - you may (not) be surprised to learn that although a year ago I had high hopes that 2011 could be the year I received my very first Valentine, it turned out not to be my year after all. I think 2012 could be it though, I really do. Tr
uth be told, I am feeling more heart broken than starry eyed these days. I know I could write what's actually on my mind, but it's too much. Too personal and, for me, too sad. This is not the place and I'm not ready yet. So, instead of waxing poetic about why I'm single and how I'm feeling about it, I'm just going to share with you four things that, to me, represent love, celebrate love, and are, yes indeed, romantic.

A poem:
Wild Nights - Wild Nights!
Were I with thee
Wild Nights should be
Our luxury!

Futile - the Winds -
To a Heart in port -
Done with the compass -
Done with the chart!

Rowing in Eden -
Ah, the sea!
Might I but moor - Tonight -
In Thee!
Emily Dickinson

A Painting:
The Kiss
Gustav Klimt


A Song:


*Originally written for Johnny Cash. Who knew!

Some Quotes:

"I have learned not to worry about love, but to honor its coming with all of my heart." Alice Walker

"And unlike many of my doubts, these didn't arise out of my natural and well-developed cynicism. Because while I can be a cynic about many things, you may also have noticed I can be a bit of a romantic about others. I believe in love.
On the list of things I believe in, true love is tops."

Love Walked In by Marisa de los Santos

"You've seen the films, kiddo - it ain't over til it's over."
Love Actually

So I'm taking all the love I have, every last little golden drop of it, and sending it out to you, whoever you are reading this. You are loved.
And I hope you have a wonderful Valentine's Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment