Thursday, August 5, 2010

Spiedies

Food is hugely important to me, but you already knew that. My hometown is known for its food. I've been to restaurants all over the place, even in different countries, and some of the best food I've ever had still comes from the 607 area code.

One dish that we are particularly famous for is Spiedies. Pronounced like "speedees." I've been promising a Spiedie post for a while, so here it is. I would try to explain them to you, but you'll just say, "So...it's like a kebab?" The answer to that is NO. You just don't understand it until you've had it my friend.

I got mad when I realized my Dad wasn't grilling them on a skewer like normal. He can't comprehend why I have to take pictures of food for my newfangled blog.

Chicken and Pork Spiedies.

(Note: the word spiedies comes from the Italian word spiedini, the name for this dish)

Chicken Spiedie Salad with home grown lettuce, tomatoes, olives (from a can!) and Balsamic vinaigrette.

YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment