Thursday, July 28, 2011

Food Trucks

Food trucks. They're all the rage these days, no?

Lucky for me, there is a spot reserved speficially for food trucks right outside the building where I work. The other day I decided it was high time I check it out, and boy am I glad I did!



This colorful little vehicle de cuisine was blasting some great raggae/island music and has an impressive menu of sea food themed dishes. As I scanned my eyes down the menu, I suddenly saw:




It was like that scene in the movie where the record stops abruptly and everyone at the party whips their heads around to stare. Spiedies. Spiedies?!

For those who need a refresher, I'll direct you here.

The minute I got up to the window I asked the man where he was from. He grew up in Binghamton! The people in line behind me laughed out loud as I yelped out an emphatic, "ME TOO!" We chit-chatted a bit. He told me he was thinking of making just a spiedie truck. A whole TRUCK that serves ONLY spiedies. Helloooo?!


Delicious! A little taste of home right here in the heart of Boston. He souped them up a little bit by adding a cucumber and red onion relish on top of the spiedies. Honestly, as good as it was, I could have done without it. There's nothing better than the plain, old fashioned original.

I also went back the next day for the fish & chips (to die for!) and a lemonade. YUMMO.



Any great food trucks in your area that you'd recommend?

No comments:

Post a Comment