Saturday, April 30, 2011

Welshcakes

Before I left for my Welsh Odyssey, I obviously did some reading up on places to go, things I should see and do, the local culture and, my favorite, the cuisine. Wales doesn't really have any kind of particular cuisine that it's known for, but it does have one little, adorably delicious treat that I stopped and bought every chance I had.

Welshcakes!

They are funny little cakes, baked on a griddle like a pancake but very dense almost like a cookie. They have raisins or currants in them, as well as spices like cinnamon or nutmeg, and are dusted with sugar the second they come off the bakestone.

Absolutely delicious.


I got these adorable heart shaped Welshcakes from a little shop in Cardiff Bay called Fabulous Welshcakes.

Fabulous Welshcakes in Cardiff Bay

I've been scouring the internet for recipes and I'm definitely going to make some Welshcakes of my own, so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment