Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Cymru 2011

Cymru. Pronounced [kəmrɨ] or, for normal, non-linguistics nerds, kuhm-ree.
It's the Welsh word for Wales.


As I hinted at in my last post, I took a trip to Wales. Wales!

I know it seems like an odd, extremely random destination for a vacation, but I had good reason for going. Hannah, my roommate of 4 years and best friend from college, moved to Swansea, Glamorgan in Wales in January. We hadn't seen each other in almost a year and we were well overdue for a reunion. Not only that, but I felt bogged down and exhausted by the humdrum routine of life. I needed a break, so off I went!

Ten days in Wales with my best friend was exactly what the doctor ordered. I have many more photos to share with you, but here's a little taste just to whet your whistle.


The marina in Swansea. This is Hannah's neighborhood.
No big deal, right?


Dylan Thomas, Swansea's most famous resident until Catherine Zeta-Jones came along.
Side note, I was there while she had her break down. They LOVED that.

A little photo op during the walk along the beach to Mumbles.

Every sign in Wales is in Welsh as well as English.

Trying on hats just in case my invite to the royal wedding comes through.

The latitude and longitude of Swansea.

Beautiful bridge in the marina.

The Millennium Centre in Cardiff Bay.

Cardiff Castle. CASTLE!
More on that later.


Hannah and I, reunited and it feels soooo good!

More to come soon!

1 comment:

  1. Great pictures Domenica! What a great trip! It was so nice seeing you and showing you around my new home :) X

    ReplyDelete