Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Homemade Pasta

So last night on my way home from work, I was riding the T and thinking about what I wanted for dinner. My stomach was growling and I knew I didn't have a whole lot of options because I hadn't been grocery shopping in, ohhh, three weeks. And then I had a eureka moment. I knew exactly what I wanted.

Did you know you can turn this...


Into this?
Homemade pasta.
I've made it with my mom a few times, but it's not something we did very often and we almost always used some kind of pasta maker. Where I really learned to make homemade pasta was in Perugia while I was studying abroad. We took a day trip to a local farm, Orsini Farm, and there some old Italian Nonne taught us how to make homemade pasta entirely by hand.

It's super messy, but super easy. Easy enough that I can mak
e it on week night. And I forgot how amazingly fresh homemade pasta tastes! I sauteed some shrimp in garlic, lemon and white wine and turned it into a scampi.
Buonissimo!

No comments:

Post a Comment