Monday, December 27, 2010

Mom's Eggplant Parmesan

As I promised yesterday, here's the word on my mom's eggplant parm. DELICIOUS. Like it's actually ridiculous how good it is. I think she might be sneaking drugs into the bread crumbs and now I'm addicted. It's that good.

Start with with 3 large eggplants, peeled and sliced thin. Dip them first into an egg batter and then a bread crumb mixture (with secret ingredients and said drugs), and fry them in garlic infused olive oil.



Is your mouth watering yet?

Layer the fried eggplant in a 13x9 pan. Start with mom's homemade sauce, a layer of eggplant, more sauce, mozzarella, then more eggplant.


Top off with sauce and lots of mozzarella and back for about 40 minutes in a 350 degree oven.

I meant to take a picture of a slice of the parm, but everyone (including myself) ate it before I got the chance. YUMMO!

No comments:

Post a Comment