Wednesday, July 7, 2010

My REAL Summer Song

Remember when I told you how I couldn't get this song out of my head? How it was my new summer jam? I totally lied. I had no idea what I was talking about. Chalk it up to a temporary moment of insanity. Because this. THIS - "Home" by Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros - is the song of my summer.



I have not stopped listening to this song since the first time I heard it. Summer, sun, lying in the grass, stolen kisses, drinking a little too much, reckless abandon, staying up all night, laughter, feeling good, feeling hopeful, feeling anything, feeling everything...it's all wrapped up in this song. I bought their CD "Up From Below" on iTunes and the whole thing is amazing. They're playing a few different venues in New England this summer and I'm really hoping to go see them. Who wants to come with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment